Business organizations deserve legal advice they can call on. Whether they are considering new opportunities, navigating difficult dynamics or need help understanding and negotiating contract terms, companies benefit most from having counsel who understand their business, their budgets and the specific issues they encounter.
Most organizations do not look for outside counsel until they absolutely have to. Many relationships with counsel begin with organizations asking for assistance to fix a specific problem or consider a proposed transaction. Healthier organizations proactively screen for legal issues and invite periodic compliance checks, establishing relationships with counsel so that reliable advice is easily accessible when needed.
Here’s just a short list of the general counsel services we provide by subscription:
- Counsel on call for day-to-day and emergency matters
- Reviewing contracts to help businesses negotiate for better terms and understand “industry standard” arrangements
- Legal health screenings and compliance checks
- Risk management
- Prioritizing legal concerns
- Mapping organizational infrastructure
- Policy drafting and review
- Designing systems for compliance
- Quarterbacking HR matters (facilitating affordable review of employee handbooks, contracts and offer letters, employee benefit compliance, etc.)
- Real estate and tax matters
- Advice when considering new relationships
- Advice on handling governance and conflict of interest issues
- Bylaws review and revision